I don’t keep up to date with the blog. It’s a very staggered thing for me.
I’ll crank out 6 or 7 posts in a week and then you won’t hear from me for 9 months. I have no idea why I’m like that.
Anyways, while looking in to personal improvement lately, I saw a recurring theme of forgiveness and love of ones self. Now, while I consider myself to be someone that forgives everyone for almost anything, I have noticed that my love of self is considerably lacking.
So, with that in mind, I am going to make an attempt to work on personal forgiveness. With that, I provide to you…
The premise is simple, what am I thankful for. This is my first attempt. Don’t judge me… too much.
- Clean underwear right out of the dryer. : It’s snug, warm, and honestly fits amazing!
- My left pinkie has 95% functional use. : I nearly lost my finger a year ago. The doctor said I might not even get 50% use back. The fact I have 95% is amazing to me. I can type with it again. Seriously, think about how much you use your pinkie while typing. I’m an I.T. by trade, I need that finger.
- USA Network. : Where else am I going to get my NCIS and Law & Order fix? NCIS isn’t on Netflix unfortunately.
- My pillow. : See my last post.
- Attention Deficit Disorder. : I’m naturally twitchy because of this. Some people consider it a disability, I consider it a super power. The ability to work on 4 things at once, or to surf the web in 7 different tabs at once, or to watch 4 TV shows at once is really kind of cool.
- The Violin. : My wife knows how to play it. It’s such a soothing instrument to me. I don’t know why. Almost as good as my next line item.
- The Piano.. : My mother tried to teach me to play. I fought her every inch of the way. What she DID do though was teach me a love of music and because of that, I find the piano to be one of the most amazing instruments on the planet. The hammers and wires create some of the most soulful, the most energetic, and the most nostalgic feelings within my world. I love the sound of a well tuned piano.
- Headphones. : I like that I can seclude myself from the rest of the world simply by putting this little speakers over my ears. I love it.
Eight items should be enough for me right now.
This is what I’m thankful for.